Despite what you are hearing from the American Socialist, Leftist main stream media – and honestly, even from Fox News and other Conservative news sources – President Trump has actually accomplished so much in his first year that it’s difficult to sum it all up… and 2018 is shaping up to surpass 2017 in that regard.
Here are just SOME of what I certainly consider to be President Trump’s “significant achievements” in his first year in office…
Protecting the lives of the unborn:
- In his first week in office, President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy that blocked about $9 billion of taxpayer’s money from being doled out in the form of foreign aid, which was being used to pay for abortions in foreign countries. Obama was the guy who pulled out of the Mexico City Policy (within days of being sworn in as President), and promoting abortion is a key tenant of the Liberal agenda.
- He worked with Congress on a bill overturning an Obama regulation that actually prevented individual states from defunding abortion providers, and then published guidance to block Obamacare money from supporting abortion. To pro-abortion Liberals this is a major setback.
Strengthening our lagging military and practicing a stronger foreign policy:
- In early 2017, President Trump arranged for the largest military pay raise in eight years (yup, you guessed it – the Obama years saw almost ZERO pay raise for our nation’s defenders) and another 2.4% is already on the books or 2018. As an honorably retired and disabled Veteran I certainly categorize this as a “significant achievement”. But many Liberals see our military as the CAUSE of much of the suffering and death around the world, and see our service members as bloodthirsty, mindless robots bent on destruction, so they have systematically opposed pay raises for our military for decades, whenever they are in power. They also see a clear ‘plus and minus’ scale between defense spending and dollars spent on welfare.
- He empowered our military leaders in Afghanistan and other conflict areas to “seize the initiative and win,” and eliminated the Obama White House requirement to sign off on every significant mission. This has resulted in a dramatic reduction of ISIS-held territory and piles of completely dead terrorist bad guys in a single year. Compare that with Obama’s plan to “contain” ISIS. But Liberals see that sort of Presidential micro-management as common sense constraints on our (mostly Conservative Republican) military leaders.
- President Trump ordered missile strikes against a Syrian airbase used by Bashar al-Assad in a chemical weapons attack against his own people, and pushed for strong action against the outlaw nation of North Korea led by Un – the latest version of fanatical “Dear Leaders” of the Kim regime – and their unceasing development of nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles. In other words, he has put a healthy fear of a meaningful U.S. military response back on the table with these monsters. But to many on America’s Liberal Left nothing is worth war, so any actions other than diplomatic concession are dangerous moves that will almost certainly bring on the unthinkable. Despite the ineffectiveness of decades of wavering diplomacy, the Left wants us to believe that negotiating with such madmen might still be possible.
- He delivered on his campaign promise to roll back the Obama administration’s agreement with terrorist rogue nation of Cuba. Makes sense to me, having watched the murderous and oppressive Castro regime in Cuba closely for my entire life. But many Liberals are enamored with Cuba’s revolutionaries. Fidel Castro and Che Guevara are literally poster kids for the American Socialist Left.
- President Trump fulfilled another campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by relocating our embassy there – because Jerusalem actually IS the capital of Israel and has been since their founding, and because in 1995 the U.S. Congress actually passed a law called the Jerusalem Embassy Act REQUIRING us to move our embassy there. In fact, that act was actually signed into law by none other than Liberal superstar President Bill Clinton. Many Liberals see the Palestinians as a population unfairly oppressed by the Israelis, and so they staunchly oppose this action.
- The U.S. ambassador to the U.N., Nikki Haley, announced days after the U.N. General Assembly condemned the U.S. for recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital (those unbelievably arrogant bastards!) that she had negotiated a $285 million cut in the U.N.’s budget for next year, saying “The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known. We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked.” Prior to the Dec. 21 U.N. vote, Haley warned that the U.S. “will remember this day” when “once again, we are called up to make the world’s largest contribution to the U.N., and we will remember it when many countries come calling on us to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit.” The U.S. pays 22% of the U.N.’s general budget and 28% of the U.N.’s peacekeeping budget. You GO girl! But many Liberals would sooner be governed by the U.N. Charter than the U.S. Constitution, so any slight to the wisdom of the sages of foreign policy at the U.N. is a slight to Liberals everywhere, and a clear sign of a lack of enlightenment, and an appreciation of their ‘One World’ concept.
- In October the Department of Defense reallocated about $400 million for new U.S. missile defense systems. Good for the defense of America, right? Especially considering the new ballistic missiles being developed by both North Korea and Iran! But in the minds of many Liberals… WRONG! Here we go threatening the world again!
Boosting the American economy and balancing our position in international trade:
- Starting with the very first day after Election Day in 2016, through the simple act of electing Donald Trump as our President, the American economy immediately went into overdrive, and over the last 12 months has produced 1.7 million new jobs, our lowest unemployment rate in 17 years (and along with it the black unemployment rate is also at its lowest rate in 17 years), and more than 60 record highs for the Dow Jones index. In fact, just a few days ago, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 26,000 – a new all-time high. In December he pushed through $5.5 trillion in tax cuts – the largest in our history. But if you hate Trump (whether you’re a “never Trump RINO” or a Democrat), you tell yourself this unprecedented economic explosion (because you really cannot deny the numbers) had nothing to do with President Trump at all! It’s just the final and long-awaited returns on some secret economic plan that Obama was working on all along… it just took eight years of economic stagnation to bring it about.
- President Trump actually DID “Put America First” in international trade by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and working with Canada and Mexico to modernize NAFTA, to cut a better deal for America. He’s starting to reverse decades of horrible business and trade deals we had made with nations all around the world simply because our politicians have zero real business experience. Of course, if you don’t believe in putting America first – because you think that because our standard of living is high then the standard of living for everyone else on Earth is necessarily low, and/or that we’re uber-Nationalist and/or racist and/or for some other reason – then these aren’t “significant accomplishments” after all.
- He signed an executive order requiring that two regulations be killed for every new one created. He beat that goal and, so far, has cut at least 16 rules and regulations for every one new regulation created (some sources say 22), saving $8.1 billion of taxpayer money, and greatly reducing the constrictions on business – especially on small business. But much of the Liberal Democrat agenda for America is fueled by high taxes, and the fees associated with big government and oppressive regulations, so this is pretty bad news from their perspective (see also tax cut listed above).
- He withdrew America from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of further insane environmental regulations from the U.N and our own EPA. Then he order the EPA to kill Obama’s Clean Power Plan. More than 700 people have left the EPA since President Trump took office, nearly a quarter of the way toward President Trump’s goal of shrinking the agency to Reagan-administration levels. But to staunch advocates of global-climate-warming-cooling-changing Liberals the EPA has become the holy grail of government agencies. Trump’s assault on the EPA is nothing short of sacrilegious.
- President Trump issued an executive order in June to begin the process of rescinding the 2015 Waters of the United States rule, which has been used to expand federal control over private land. Under the Obama administration, the broadly crafted rule was applied by the EPA to “navigable waters” such as man-made ditches and water that accumulated after heavy rains. This rule, unilaterally imposed by an Obama executive order, was repeatedly used as a weapon for the Democrat Party to bully their enemies, so it’s loss is tragic for them. Then of course there’s that whole assault on the EPA thing.
- He also pushed through approvals for the Keystone XL Pipeline and the Dakota Access Pipeline, and (included in the new Tax Bill) opened up the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge Area (ANWAR) to drilling and pumping new oil for America, making us even more independent to oil exporting nations like those in the Middle East and Venezuela… they hate us, you know. But Liberals HATE the internal combustion engine, and have pursued a war on fossil fuels (oil and coal) for decades. Any action to sustain the use of fossil fuels is tantamount to cooking and eating babies. Then there’s that whole Global Warming / Cooling / Climate Change thing again.
- Through tax reform, President Trump fulfilled another key campaign promise; repealing Obamacare’s individual mandate. By eliminating this mandate Obamacare is all but dead. Obviously, this infuriates Democrats who wanted Hillary Clinton as President because she would have cemented all of Obama’s legacy for all time. Instead they got Donald Trump who is systematically disassembling that legacy.
- President Trump’s supporters claim that he has convinced companies such as Ford, Chrysler and Carrier Air Conditioners to manufacture and build plants in the United States. At the White House, Corning announced, with the President, it was investing $500 million in new U.S. production, creating 1,000 new jobs. Foxconn, the world’s largest contract electronics manufacturer, which makes the iPhone, announced in July it was investing $10 billion in Wisconsin to build a factory that will employ 3,000 workers directly and up to 22,000 workers indirectly. President Trump’s detractors have a much different opinion, claiming that after nearly a decade of big business fleeing America, their sudden return has nothing whatsoever to do with President Trump’s new economic policies. Probably another leftover benefit from eight years of Obama and economic decline, I suppose.
Improving the plight of our Veterans:
- He signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers…
- And the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act, to improve their current claims and appeals process, and to offer three different options for Veterans dissatisfied with VA’s decision on their claims to seek review,
- And the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act (a.k.a. the “Forever GI Bill”), to provide re-education support, eliminate former restrictions specifically placed on Veterans, and greatly expand the program.
- And the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program, a health care alternative to normal VA care.
- He created a VA hotline with an office in the White House that reports directly to President Trump, and directed the VA to launch an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
… but most committed Liberals hate Trump’s “America First” policy, and our military who in their minds enable America’s oppression of people all over the world in our bumbling efforts to be “First”. Veterans come from our military – ergo, veterans don’t deserve to be cared for… so the Veteran’s Administration has been left to rot – under Presidents from BOTH sides of the aisle – for decades. Besides… every dollar spent supporting some broken down old Vet is a dollar not spent on welfare.
Fighting illegal immigration and associated crime:
- President Trump imposed new restrictions on U.S. Visas issued to travelers from countries known to harbor and promote terrorism, which have ineffective security screening procedures in place for their travelers (the so-called “Travel Ban”), and announced plans to end both “Immigration Lotteries” and “Chain Immigration”. Despite protests raised by Liberal activist District Court Judges the Supreme Court has upheld the President’s legal right to make these changes. But to the Democrat Party every new immigrant is a potential Democrat voter, especially if they can be set up with welfare, Obamacare and a free education.
- He’s moving right along with concrete plans (see what I did there?) to “build that wall” closing off the U.S.-Mexico border, where presently 70% of illegal immigrants apprehended aren’t even from Mexico; they’re from South America and very problematic countries like Iran, China and Russia. He also ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants. But hard-core Liberals don’t want any borders at all… so a wall and an effective border patrol are clear signs of the racism that is President Donald Trump.
- He started the beginning of the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program, and the related amnesty program Deferred Action for Parents of Americans – and by “Americans”, what that really means is illegal immigrant children who were unconstitutionally blessed off with American citizenship through the misinterpretation of the U.S. 14th Amendment. These programs will be adjudicated by Congress in 2018, but will likely be severely curtailed. Again, Democrat math… X number of new immigrants = X number of new Democrat voters.
- President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security has rounded up nearly 800 members of the murderous South American gang MS-13 (an 83% one-year increase), and his Justice Department approved grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops, and worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members. If Democrats admit that a disproportionate percentage of illegal immigrants are criminals they’d be less able to do the math… immigrants = Dem voters.
- He launched the United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in February. But since Liberals have already branded President Trump a woman-hater, this development must be a one-off – a smoke screen he felt would make him look good, and they don’t buy it.
In the miscellaneous category:
- He reversed Obama’s executive order requiring public schools to allow students to use bathrooms and locker rooms according to their preferred “gender identity.” But the latest trend in Liberalism doesn’t recognize any genders at all (or maybe they now recognize 17 different genders… I can never remember), so this is a clear indication of the insanity and bigotry that has gripped the Republican Party.
- President Trump signed a bill into law in February repealing an Obama-era Social Security Administration rule adding mental disability determinations to the background check registry. The Obama regulation potentially allowed the denial of Second Amendment rights to many competent, mentally healthy citizens. Well (dare I say) most Liberals (and ALL of the Liberal media) hate guns… so this doesn’t set well with them!
- President Trump, as promised during his election campaign, has donated his salary. He is in the White House free of charge.
And, last, but not least…
- One Conservative Supreme Court Justice installed and nominations for 73 Conservative Federal judges for confirmation in 2018… with more to come, and maybe another Conservative Supreme Court Justice in a year or two! But if you’re a Liberal this would qualify as crippling the Progressive cause in America for generations, since they rely on the Judicial Branch and Liberal, activist Judges to achieve their goals if they cannot get Congress to push through legislation to support them.
… and that’s the ‘short list’
So instead of reporting any of this to the American people, the Socialist, anti-Trump main stream media, in lock-step with their compatriots, the late-night talk show hosts – which, believe it or not, actually serves as “news” to just about everyone under 30 – have chosen the path of character assassination.
They attack the President’s mental stability, because the only explanation for anyone to be so diametrically opposed to the entire spectrum of the Leftist agenda is insanity.
They dissect every word the President speaks, such as whether or not he said, “I probably have a very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as if he’s unstable and cannot recall that he’s never met Kim… and deny that he actually said “I’d probably have a very good relationship” which to anyone with half a brain certainly makes a lot more sense.
They anguish over some sexist comment President Trump made years ago in the privacy of a clubhouse locker room, when we’ve only just begun to dredge through the swamp that is Washington, turning up politician after politician with long histories of womanizing. Yet, even though he has hired more women to high ranking Cabinet positions than any president in recent history (including Obama), somehow President Trump is worse.
They hand-wring because Trump referred to countries that really ARE shitholes as… well – shitholes!
Don’t delude yourself into thinking that President Trump’s first year in office has somehow been “crippled by a chaotic and disorganized White House staff”, and that he has no legislative accomplishments. Quite the contrary, this past year has been a great start to the next three years… unless you’re a committed Liberal.
If only HALF of what I have recounted above is actually true, President Trump is already one of the most successful Presidents in our history – but only from a Conservative point of view.
When the MSM tells you that President Trump has passed “almost no significant legislation into law” what about the dozen or so listed above? Everything President Trump has accomplished in this past year is in direct opposition to the Liberal agenda, so why would they report on it?
If you are waiting on the American Leftist main stream media to provide you with a list of President Trump’s accomplishments you’ll be waiting a long time.
So, what’s ahead for the next three years?
In just a few weeks, as millions and millions of Americans – Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Socialists, Communists, Anarchists and ‘Principled Non-Voters’ alike – will get their first pay checks reflecting income earned entirely during 2018 under President Trump’s new tax laws. If there’s more money in that envelope President Trump wins, and the Democrats (should) realize their error telling us all how this tax cut will only benefit the rich. In fact, over these past weeks since Christmas hundreds of thousands of Americans have already received large end-of-year bonus checks… many for the first time ever.
The next reality check will be shortly after April 17th of 2018 when 2017 tax returns are mailed back out to taxpayers, again based on President Trump’s new tax laws. If there’s more money in that envelope… well, you get the idea.
But the real test will be the November 2018 mid-term elections. Logic would dictate that if the truth is known about the successes of the President Donald Trump, 2018 should be a landslide for the GOP. That’s why the Liberal main stream media – and even many Conservative news outlets – simply refuse to acknowledge President Trump’s successes.
Lastly, President Trump’s job approval rating is still only 40% (less than that according to some polls). Strange, that. Weren’t these the very same Liberal pollsters controlled by Liberal news organizations, Liberal think tanks and Liberal universities who proclaimed Hillary Clinton would be elected President by double digits all the way up to election night? Why should any Conservative believe these polls?
Here are my source articles…
… and just for fun